Sur-Form is able to generate simple conceptual designs for quick density studies or create a complex, fully detailed design. To facilitate CAD data transfer and management, Sur-Form has an ftp website and is able to translate most engineering CAD data files including CATIA, SolidWorks, and Unigraphics.
Sur-Form has the capability and flexibility to design thermoform packaging trays generated from part data CAD, or from a physical part supplied by the customer.
Sur-Form produces a variety of thermoformed trays for shipping automotive and non-automotive products.
Thermoformed trays can be used to package sensitive or precision machined parts that typically require part separation. Sur-Form’s maximum tray size is 72″x120″, with a gauge range between 0.060″ and 0.375″.
Materials can vary from HDPE to standard PE or even ABS depending on the use.
Pallets & Lids
Thermoformed pallet/lid systems typically consist of two primary configurations:
- A+B: The pack consists of a thermoformed pallet base with separate, unique thermoformed lid.
- A+A: The pack consists of a thermoformed pallet base that doubles as a lid (mirror image).
- Material is High Density Polyethylene – HDPE
- Many colors are available
- All materials are 100% recyclable
- Sizes above are based on 0.250″ starting gage
- All pallets and lids have drain holes installed
- Tolerance is ± 0.250
- 0.300″ gauge material is recommended for unit loads over 1,500 lbs.
- Pallets and lids with retractable belts are available and quoted upon request